Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Weekend!!

We had a very busy weekend for the 4th of July. Our church held its annual Harvesters conference when many pastors return to BHC for time of refreshing and fellowship. I have been working on a quilt for one particular couple that happened to be my daughters youth pastor for many years. Him and his wonderful wife pastor a church in Myrtle Beach, NC. So I had this brain storm idea to do them a beach quilt. I was so excited to give it to them because it turned out so cute.

I free motion quilted thier names in the sand that said " Josh & Julie" above the flip flops and under the flip flops wrote "Forever". I am still learning the art of free motion quilting, but I do love it.


This is the back and I found some very cute flip flop fabric to make the back side a little more interesting. Well it was a hit they loved it. Acts 20:35 And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive."

It was also Naomi's and Nicole's Birthday. We had a huge party for them at my house to celebrate. What a great time we had.

Well that is all for now but more to come.
Have a blessed day!!
Ruth

2 comments:

  1. Ruth that is so beautiful! What a great job! I am sure they felt so loved and blessed to receive such a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the quilt is so adorable! I love it!
    I love the beach and you put so much thought into it!

    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete